Sensors are an important part of any security system when it comes to protecting your home. Abode alarms and security systems provide many options with advanced window monitoring devices that go beyond simple contact sensors indicating when a door or window is closed or open.
Here are some key features to consider:
- Acoustic glass break sensors detect audible frequencies associated with shattering glass.
- Glass break vibration sensors that detect vibration and trigger an alarm or notification.
About the Brand
Abode provides the most types of sensors for protection:
- Doors and window sensors for Wireless Home Alarm
- Wireless Siren for Home Alarm
- HomeKit compatible Wi-Fi camera
- HomeKit Smoke Alarm
- HomeKit Water Damage Sensor
You can be confident that Abode will protect your home and grow with you, thanks to its diverse set of sensors and devices. It is loaded with the most popular wireless technologies and is designed to work with the most popular connected home products.
Monitor your home security system from anywhere in the world and take action on your smartphone for no monthly fee. Their optional, on-demand professional monitoring and cellular backup provide an additional layer of security for your home at a fraction of the cost of traditional security providers.
Abode’s plans are simple to understand and have no hidden costs. Select your term, with the option to cancel at any time. It’s as simple as that.
So let’s dive in and take a deeper look at their Glass Break Sensor.
- You can control your home equipment from the mobile app. For example, you can turn on lights, open and close doors, and so on.
- It is more advanced, with over 100 smart home integrations, such as Alexa, Siri, Google Assistant, Sonos, or HomeKit, among others
- Your feeds can be captured, downloaded, and stored for up to 90 days.
- It provides free app access as well as mobile notifications. When a threat is detected, the monitoring team notifies you for immediate action at no additional Abode monitoring cost.
Abode is a sleek system with beautiful equipment designed to work with your smart home.
- Simple, no-tool installation
- With guided in-app instructions, you can easily pair with your system.
- Sensitivity levels are adjustable.
- Up to 4 years of battery life (replaceable)
- Range of over 100 feet from the gateway
- Small cumulative shocks and larger impacts are detected.
Its basic kit contains the gateway (base station), motion sensor, key fob, mini door/window sensor, and a sticker.
Abode Vibration Glass Break Sensor
- Detects vibrations in the glass caused by small or large impacts.
- When armed, it sets off your alarm.
- Adheres easily to window panes
- Completely wireless with a user-replaceable battery
- An abode gateway is required (iota or Smart Security Kit)
Abode Acoustic Glass Break Sensor
- The frequency of glass breaking is monitored.
- When it detects a break, it activates your alarm and sends you an immediate alert.
- With a user-replaceable battery, this device is completely wireless.
- Install is simple and requires no tools thanks to the included adhesive.
- A residence gateway is required (iota or Smart Security Kit)
Installation & Set Up
The abode security system also provides DIY installation services. Its newly redesigned app allows you to control and monitor your home and automate it. For video, you’ll need to supplement your self-monitored plan with cloud storage. Its timeline view is well-designed, and it’s simple to see what’s going on with your system.
Setup is simple and requires no prior experience; systems are peel-and-stick solutions that do not require tools or drilling.
Abode’s customer service is responsive, and self-monitoring customers have access to the same excellent 24/7 support team. That doesn’t mean Abode can always solve all your problems because some customer complaints stem from difficulties getting set up.
How do glass break sensors work?
A glass break sensor detects the vibrations caused by breaking glass, the sound of the glass breaking, or both of these triggers. When the sensor detects motion, it generates an alarm or sends a notification to your phone.
How many glass break sensors do I need?
You don’t need a glass break sensor for every window on your ground floor. With professional installation, a single acoustic glass break detector can cover several windows and glass doors in a room, possibly all of them, depending on the size of the room.
How long do the batteries last?
The Abode Iota’s backup battery lasts five hours.
How to test glass break sensors
The sensor can only be tested in TEST mode, which is activated after inserting both batteries. During this time, the LED will flash once every second, with a glass break simulator or other loud noise.
How to reset glass break sensors
In the Ring app, go to Menu, then Devices, then Alarm Base Station, and finally the Glass Break Sensor you want to remove. Tap Remove, then Device Settings. Remove the back cover, then use a paperclip to press the RESET button. If the reset was successful, the LED will flash red for 3 seconds.
Where to place glass break sensors?
Install the Glass Break Sensor at least 7 feet off the ground and no more than 25 feet away from any windows or doors in your home.
Are glass break sensors worth it?
This question has a simple answer: yes. Glass break sensors are distinctive and valuable additions to any home security system. They are inexpensive and can deter a burglar before they cause further damage.
Conclusion & where to buy
Abode security systems provide 24-hour monitoring, sensors, motion detection, cameras, a security system hub linked to smart home integrations, and design-savvy equipment for customers who value both. It’s also the only security setup in the industry that provides on-demand monitoring making it a true standout in terms of flexibility. Most of the time, you can self-monitor with a reasonable plan that includes some decent app and pass the baton to a professional team when traveling. It aims to be compatible with systems for home integration. It is available on Amazon, eBay, direct from Abode, and other websites.