According to official statistics, since 2000, there has been roughly 300 floods annually in the US. In 2021, all 50 states were affected by flooding, with great damages to boot. Considering that only 15% of homeowners in the US have flood insurance, the importance of averting potential flooding is apparent.
We aren’t talking about a trickle of water coming into your basement, but a large volume that can quickly overwhelm the entire bottom floor of your home, or even worse. To put this in perspective, in 2022 alone, floods cost nearly $3 billion worth in crop and property damage in the country.
If you want to avoid costly home repairs due to floods, then an early warning system is essential. An early warning system can alert you as soon as water starts flooding your home, allowing you to respond quickly and hopefully stop the problem before it escalates.
Cue the Frontpoint Flood Sensor. This is a state-of-the-art flood detection equipment that warns you as soon as the smallest trickle of water starts to seep into your basement or other parts of your home. In this Frontpoint Flood Sensor review, we tell you what makes it such an effective tool for home protection.
- Frontpoint security reviews – Find out if the Frontpoint Flood Sensor is the right flood protection tool to keep you, your home, and your family safe. Find out more about the Frontpoint Flood Sensor right here!
- Learn about the main features and benefits of the Frontpoint Flood Sensor, as well as its advantages and disadvantages, so you can determine if it’s an investment worth making.
The Frontpoint Flood Sensor Review
In this in-depth review of the Frontpoint Flood Sensor, we look at the important features, benefits, and factors you need to consider when making a purchase, but before we do that, let’s review the brand itself.
About the Brand
Frontpoint is one of America’s leading security companies. More than that, Frontpoint is all about creating high quality and state-of-the-art smart systems to help you live better and keep you safer.
Their security systems are all designed to connect to your mobile devices for easy monitoring and control.
Whether it’s about home security systems, audible alarms, motion detection cameras, or the flood sensor that we’re reviewing today, Frontpoint makes some of the most reliable and trustworthy security and home safety systems.
According to Trustpilot, a reliable rating service for businesses, Frontpoint is overwhelmingly positively rated. Out of nearly 13,000 reviews, a whopping 79% of people give Frontpoint a five-star rating, with another 13% giving it a four-star rating. Simply put, this is a trusted and reliable brand.
Key Features and Benefits
Now that you know about the company, let’s take a closer look at the Frontpoint Flood Sensor.
- Easy Install: Installing the flood sensor is simple. Simply place it on the ground, turn it on, and connect it to the main hub.
- Space Efficient: Users appreciate how this unit conserves space. Coming in at just 2.43″ H x 2.48″ W x 1.17″ D means it does not take up much space.
- Great Battery Life: The integrated battery in the Frontpoint Flood Sensor is quite impressive as well, because it’s built to last at least 10 years.
- 100% Wireless: The fact that this flood sensor is 100% wireless is important. This allows you to place it anywhere in your home and get notifications, all without having to plug it in. Of course, wires or exposed electrical components are not good friends with water!
- Integrates with the Security Hub: If you already have a full security hub from this company, you’ll be happy to know that the flood sensor integrates seamlessly with it.
- Detects Small Amounts of Water: The two metal prongs located at the bottom of the unit are ideal for detecting even the smallest amounts of water, so homeowners can react quickly before the worst occurs.
- Instant Alerts to the App: As soon as the sensor detects water, you get alerted via the app and the security hub.
- It Floats: To make sure the flood sensor is not damaged by water, it floats on water. If there’s a significant amount of water in your basement or home, the flood sensor will just stay afloat.
One aspect of the Frontpoint Flood Sensor we truly appreciate is its compact and sleek design. As earlier mentioned, it’s less than three inches wide, so it barely takes up much space. It’s ideal for small areas that need flood detection without causing cramping.
Furthermore, as far as design goes, it’s made of durable materials. The exterior is made of extremely high grade, impact resistant, waterproof, and corrosion proof plastic. This unit has to be waterproof, as it’s designed to sit in and float on water.
Setup and Installation
Setting up and installing the Frontpoint Flood Sensor doesn’t require special work or knowledge. It is completely wireless and comes with a 10-year battery life, allowing for simple plug-and-play installation.
Furthermore, you can sync it with the main Frontpoint Security Hub. For the record, you don’t even have to do anything to sync the two units together, because they’re programmed to automatically sync with each other right out-of-the-box.
It easily connects to the security hub using a cellular connection, which is ideal because it means that you don’t even need Wi-Fi. The flood sensor and the security hub can easily communicate with each other without Wi-Fi.
Moreover, it has wall clips so you can mount the flood sensor anywhere you see fit above ground level. Just ensure the metal prongs that face downward from the unit are exposed and in the proper location to detect water.
Performance and Reliability
There is no doubt that the Frontpoint Flood Sensor is one of the best in its class, and one reason for this is the immediate water detection alerts. As soon as the metal prongs detect water, the unit alerts the main security hub.
Furthermore, the flood sensor integrates seamlessly with the rest of Frontpoint Security System, as well as with the Frontpoint mobile app.
Overall, the flood sensor is durable, convenient, and user-friendly, just what you need as part of your home security. It is one of the most reliable flood sensors on the market. Simply put, rigorous Frontpoint flood sensor testing proves that it works as advertised.
Customer Service and Support
Besides their high quality flood sensor, the Frontpoint brand provides excellent customer service and support. Customer support can be reached at 1-877-602-5276, from Monday to Friday at 8:00 am to 11:00 pm, and Saturdays and Sundays from 10:00 am to 7:00 pm.
There is also a customer support form accessible right here.
Smart Home & App Integrations
That the sensor is compatible with the Frontpoint App is also a big bonus. This means that as soon as the flood sensor detects water, you’re alerted via your phone, or the app. The app can display different types of information (e.g., when the issue started, how severe it is, and more).
If you have the full security hub set up, you’ll also have access to remote monitoring and alerts. This means the main security hub can send alerts to your phone no matter where you are, so you can be made aware of flooding in your home even if you aren’t there personally.
If you want full monitoring benefits so that the appropriate authorities are alerted in the event of a flood, you will have to pay a bit extra. Yes, there is a professional monitoring center that will receive this alert, but this will cost you an additional monthly fee, although most would agree that it is worth it.
- Easy installation and setup.
- Long battery life and wireless design.
- Immediate and reliable flood detection.
- Compact and discreet design.
- Corrosion-proof for durability.
- Requires a Frontpoint system for full functionality.
- Some users reported issues with service cancellation.
- Limited third-party integration
The Frontpoint Flood Sensor is a simple yet high-end piece of equipment capable of detecting even the smallest amounts of water as soon as they start leaking into your home.
Whether it’s a burst pipe or a flood coming in due to a torrential downpour, the Frontpoint Flood Sensor immediately detects it, notifies you and the monitoring center.
It’s one of the best ways to protect your home from flood damage. However, if Frontpoint doesn’t suit your needs for whatever reason, another good option to consider is the SimpliSafe Water Sensor.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some frequently asked questions about the Frontpoint Flood Sensor.
Does the Frontpoint Flood Sensor Work with Smart Home Systems?
The Frontpoint Flood Sensor works with the main Frontpoint Security System and the designated Frontpoint App.
Do I Need a Frontpoint Security System to Use the Flood Sensor?
To get the full functionality out of the flood sensor, yes, you will need the Frontpoint Security System.
How do I Know if My Frontpoint Flood Sensor is Low on Battery?
In the event of a low battery, the Frontpoint Flood Sensor will provide you with low battery alerts.