The internet has changed our lives in so many ways, and it has become a tool we all use in our daily lives. It brings so many incredible conveniences and features, however, it’s not without its annoyances. We’ve all had to deal with annoying ads popping up when we’re trying to get things done, and they can disrupt the flow of what you may be doing.
Not only can they be an irritation, but they can also cause slowdowns on your web browser and in some cases even expose you to viruses. There are a few programs and extensions that can make ads a thing of the past, and Total Adblock is one of the best.
In this overview, we will analyze Total Adblock and take a look at its features, benefits, and downsides. This way, you will be able to see whether it’s right for you and whether to go for the paid version or not.
- Total Adblock is an ad-blocking browser extension that can perform other functions aside from simple ad blocking.
- Total Adblock is completely safe to use, and can even make your browsing safer in general.
- We will cover some of the great features of the extension such as its whitelisting, pop-up blocking, and filter features.
- We shall also cover some downsides, such as the lack of Firefox support and limited customer service.
What Is Total Adblock?
The Total Adblock program is a Google Chrome browser extension that does pretty much what its name suggests: block ads. However, that is a simplification of what it does, as it performs other functions as well.
With the premium paid version of Total Adblock, you will be able to block unlimited ads along with pop-ups and trackers. It will also come with an included robust antivirus program, making it a great all-in-one browser protection program.
This short and informative Total Adblock video overview will give you a good idea of how it all works.
Is Total Adblock Safe?
When using a program or extension you’ve never used before, it’s fair to ask whether it’s safe to use. Luckily, the answer here is a resounding yes. Total Adblock was developed alongside one of the most trusted antivirus programs on the market, Total AV.
Not only is Total Adblock safe to use, but it can also make your overall browsing experience safer by protecting you from malicious ads, deceptive pop-ups, and even malware if you have the paid version with the antivirus included.
If you’re looking to keep your Mac safer, we have also previously looked at some of the best VPNs for Mac.
In this next section, we will be covering some of the main benefits of Total Adblock to show you why it’s such a compelling option.
- Amazing Ad Blocking Results- The program has shown excellent results when measured for how well it blocks ads. Especially with the paid version, you can expect comprehensive ad-blocking capabilities.
- Script Blocking- Total Adblock has script blocking capabilities, which will prevent websites from creating cookies and various plugins while you’re browsing.
- Whitelist Feature- As we mentioned, ads can be quite annoying at most times. However, there may be instances where you don’t want to block ads. An example would be browsing a news source or creator website that relies on ad revenue that you wish to support.In these cases, you can whitelist these sites to exclude them from ad-blocking.
- Pop-Up Blocker- Pop-ups are possibly the most annoying forms of ads, as they fill the screen when you’re trying to get things done. Total Adblock will prevent these annoying intrusions as well.
- Apps Available For Mobile Device- Having an ad blocker on your PC is all well and good, but what about when you’re browsing on your phone? Total Adblock has that covered too, with apps available for mobile devices as well.
- Free Trial- It’s understandable that you might be hesitant before you pay for a program, as you’re not sure if it will be worth it. Luckily, Total Adblock has a free trial you can access to try it out before you commit any money.
While we feel Total Adblock is an excellent service, there are a few downsides to be aware of.
- No Firefox Extension- Total Adblock is intended first and foremost as a Google Chrome extension. It is compatible with a few other browsers with some workarounds, but it is not currently compatible with Firefox.
- Insufficient Customer Support- There are a few resources that are available on the Support page, but unfortunately contacting Total Adblock support directly is a bit limited, which is a bit unfortunate, as it’s always reassuring to have support easy to reach.
Total Adblock Vs Adblock Plus
When it comes to adblocking software, there is a lot of competition. One of the major competitors to Total Adblock is Adblock Plus. In terms of features, the two are quite comparable. There are a few nuances that set them apart, however.
For example, Adblock Plus has a few more options for subscribing as opposed to Total Adblock’s single annual option. That being said, Total Adblock offers a few more features with its free version than Adblock Plus. You also benefit from the TotalAV antivirus included with Total Adblock Premium.
It can come down to your personal preference when deciding, but we do feel Total Adblock offers a compelling suite of features and benefits with its premium version.
Being annoyed by ads is something that pretty much every internet user has experienced. Programs like Total Adblock can make the experience of browsing so much easier and more convenient, as well as keep you safer as you do.
However, you may want to still support your favorite creators with ad revenue, so it’s great that you can still do so with the whitelisting features. The benefits of Total Adblock far outweigh the negatives, and it makes it very easy to recommend.
If you want more control over the ads, pop-ups, and other annoyances that come up when browsing then Total Adblock is an excellent option to consider.
Total Adblock: Frequently Asked Questions
Is Total Adblock A Virus?
Total Adblock is not a virus, and in fact, contains antivirus software if you have the premium version.
Is Total Adblock Free?
Total Adblock does have a free version, but the features are somewhat limited.
Does Total Adblock Work On Android?
You can use Total Adblock on Android.
Does Total Adblock Work On iPad?
Similarly, Total Adblock is compatible with iOs as well.
Does Total Adblock Block Youtube Ads?
Total Adblock can indeed be used to block Youtube Ads