Home security is something that everyone has to take seriously, no matter how safe the area you live in may be! Invasions of our privacy are always a major violation, and when it happens it can be easy to feel helpless.
These invasions could range from someone stealing a parcel from your porch to a dangerous break-in, but there are ways to prevent and mitigate these invasions no matter how big or small they may be.
In this review, we will be taking a look at the S2330 Eufycam camera bundle to show you why you definitely want this set in your security setup. We will cover all of the features, benefits, and drawbacks of this impressive system to help you decide whether it is right for you and your home.
S330 eufyCam (eufyCam 3) White
$467.99 in stock
- The S330 bundle contains two 4K cameras and a HomeBase. This includes 1TB of storage and solar panels for constant usage.
- Having a solar security system is vital to home security, as it allows you to catch break-ins as they happen or help to identify the culprits after the fact. The solar power features mean you don’t have to worry about charging or replacing batteries.
- Eufy is one of the top names in home security, frequently offering the most up-to-date tech and features.
- The design of the cameras and HomeBase is simple and robust, and the setup of the system is really easy.
- We will answer many frequently asked questions such as how to set up your camera and whether the optional subscription is worth it.
Overview Of The S330 Eufycam 3 Bundle With HomeBase
eufy security S330 eufyCam 3 2-Cam Kit, Security Camera Outdoor Wireless, 4K Camera with Solar Panel, Forever Power, Face Recognition AI, Expandable Local Storage up to 16TB, No Monthly Fee
The Eufycam 3 S330 bundle includes three items. These include two solar-powered security cameras and a HomeBase to connect them to. The HomeBase will handle local storage and other features, while the cameras will connect to it and relay footage.
The cameras have been designed to not only be easy to set up but also last a long time without needing input, as the solar power capabilities mean consistent power supply and the huge storage capabilities mean not having to constantly empty it to make room for more.
There is a lot more to it than that, and there are many features to take note of but we will cover everything in a lot more detail throughout this review.
For a closer look at what this system offers, you can check out this video overview created by Eufy.
Importance Of Having A Solar Powered Home Security System
Earlier in this review, we touched on why having home security is so vital. Break-ins can happen whether you’re home or not, but they basically rely on you being caught off guard or unaware. Having a security camera system can help you become aware of break-ins as they happen.
This could allow you to intervene, and call the police or any other appropriate authorities. You can also use the system to keep watch over your home while on a trip or a vacation.
However, when it comes to security systems, there are always flaws and downsides. You either have to connect the cameras with complicated wiring or you need to constantly keep the battery in mind and remember to charge or replace it. We have looked at some of the ways that you can improve your home security before, and a security camera setup fits really well into it.
The solar cameras of the S330 bundle ensure that you merely need to install the cameras and then never worry about it. You won’t be caught with a dead battery when you really need the cameras, making the solar feature an excellent addition.
In the past, we have compared self-monitored cameras to professional monitoring, and there are certainly pros and cons to each approach. It can depend on your specific situation to decide which one suits you best.
About The Brand
While still a relatively new company, Eufy has quickly made big waves in the home security space, and for good reason. If you look up lists of some of the top camera and security products, you’re likely to see at least one Eufy offering.
Their products are of high quality and packed with features that are essential, nice to have or both! Plus, they offer an extra subscription service that helps you get the most out of your purchases.
The brand may be one that is increasingly popular, but at the end of the day, it comes down to what is on offer with each product. Let’s take a closer look at the features and benefits of this setup to show you why it’s one of the best!
Key Features And Benefits
- 4K ResolutionResolution clarity is something people are paying more and more attention to these days. Whether it’s watching your favorite films or playing the latest video games, the higher the resolution the better!The same is true for security cameras. A clearer view will allow you to identify anyone gaining access to your home, and it will also allow you to identify damage or stolen items. This camera system offers high-resolution 4K recording so you won’t miss a detail.
- Solar PoweredAs we mentioned previously, a downside of security cameras is the hassle of having to wire them or replace and recharge batteries. The solar capabilities of these cameras mean that you will never have to worry about them having power, which is a huge upside for convenience.
- Infrared And Night VisionFor maximum visibility, both night vision and infrared vision modes are available so you will never be literally left in the dark.
- Smart AIThe Smart AI system helps the cameras differentiate between humans, animals and vehicles, meaning fewer false alarms.
- 16 TB Expandable StorageHigher resolutions make for bigger files, which can be a real annoyance when it comes to local storage. The HomeBase features a whopping 16 terabytes of local storage, and this can be expanded with additional accessories. This should be more than enough even if you record constantly, as that is a huge amount of storage space.
- Two-Way AudioThe cameras feature two-way audio, which has a number of benefits. For one, you can greet friends or family at the door, allowing you to communicate with them. If you see that someone is trying to break in, you could use the audio to give them a fright, warn them and hopefully scare them off.
- Weather ResistantThe weatherproof build of the cameras should withstand harsh and wet conditions, meaning you don’t have to be too precious when it comes to placing the camera.
- Connect To Alexa And GoogleIf your home has devices utilizing Alexa or Google ecosystems, the Eufy S330 will connect directly to either one. It should be noted that the system is not compatible with Apple ecosystems.
- Easy SetupBecause no wiring is required, the cameras are incredibly quick and easy to install and set up. In the past, we have created this comprehensive overview of how to install a wireless camera to help you out.
- 180-Degree Field Of ViewAll cameras will have blind spots, but these can be minimized with a larger field of view. These cameras have a 180-degree field of view, and this can be maximized with wise placement.
eufy Security eufyCam 3 Add-on Camera, Security Camera Outdoor Wireless, 4K Camera, Forever Power with Solar Panel, Face Recognition AI, Expandable Local Storage, Spotlight, Requires HomeBase 3
The cameras have a simple yet visually pleasing visual design. Each one has a black-and-white color scheme with the solar panel on top for maximum coverage. The cameras have size dimensions of 2.6 x 5.1 x 2.6in with a weight of 420g, making them nice and inconspicuous.
The HomeBase is a simple white rectangular tower that shouldn’t draw too much attention from home design schemes. It’s pretty small at 3.1 x 4.3 x 5.7in, and it weighs only 656g.
When it comes to security cameras, you ideally want them to not stand out too much, as it would be an unfortunate irony if someone were to steal your cameras. Even if this does happen, the footage is stored to the base and not the cameras, so you would still potentially be able to identify the thieves.
S330 eufyCam (eufyCam 3) + Video Smart Lock White
$829.98 in stock
Performance And Reliability
As with all Eufy’s products, the cameras and HomeBase systems are all of high quality and reliable. The system received excellent customer ratings on both the Eufy and Amazon product pages, and most reviews highlight the reliability and recording quality of the cameras.
The solar capabilities are really reliable, and mean you won’t be caught with a dead battery at the worst time. They are also sturdy and made of good materials. This along with the weatherproof rating means you merely need to install them and not worry about how they are doing after that.
Pros And Cons
Throughout this review, we have seen the many benefits of this particular system. These include excellent resolution, huge storage capabilities, and easy setup. Overall, these are high-quality, feature-rich cameras that should immensely bolster your home security.
There are very few drawbacks to these cameras, but there are one or two. The solar charging does limit the placement of the cameras a bit, as you will need to make sure they get a decent amount of direct sunlight.
While the cameras can be used without it, you will miss some features if you don’t have a paid optional Eufy subscription for features such as cloud saving. That being said, Eufy tends to stand out from other security camera companies, as they offer more unpaid features than most.
Cloud saving is a great feature to have, but whether it’s worth paying for will depend on you and your situation.
S330 eufyCam (eufyCam 3) 3-Cam Kit White
$679.99 in stock
Customer Service And Support
Eufy has a comprehensive customer service page that can be used if you run into any issues or have any questions. You will have three different methods to contact them. These include email correspondence, phone numbers in multiple countries, and a live web chat service.
It should be noted that the web chat is available only in the US and UK at this time. Having so many options is great, and offers a lot of peace of mind no matter where in the world you may be!
How To Add Eufy Camera To Homekit?
At the moment, this system is not compatible with Apple’s Homekit, but it is under development so may be in the future.
How To Connect Eufy HomeBase To Wifi?
Currently, you can only connect the HomeBase system via an Ethernet cable, but wireless connections will be added soon.
How Long Do Solar Security Cameras Last?
Provided they have decent sun coverage, you should be able to use the cameras indefinitely as long as they are not damaged.
Are Solar Powered Security Cameras Any Good?
Solar-powered security cameras are definitely a quality addition to your home security setup and offer many benefits along with ease of use.
Can You View Eufy Camera On PC?
Your camera feed and saved footage can indeed be viewed on your PC.
Does Eufy Offer A Subscription?
Eufy’s cameras and systems offer a great number of features without needing a subscription. That being said, you can subscribe to the optional cloud storage service, as outlined here.
These start at $2.99 per camera per month to $99 annually. Cloud storage is certainly useful to have, but whether it’s right for you will depend on your own situation and needs.
Eufy rarely disappoints, and that is certainly the case with the EufyCam 3 S330 camera system. These cameras record at an impressive 4K resolution with a wide field of view. The 16TB of increasable storage means that you will be able to record a huge amount of footage, and they are easy to set up.
Many security camera systems practically require you to subscribe to an additional service, and while Eufy does offer a paid service it is not mandatory to use the system.
Overall, we would definitely recommend this system to anyone who wants to take charge of their home security with as little hassle as possible.