Why Your Dad Needs This
Fathers take pride in keeping their families safe. This collection of expert recommendations gives him the tools and products to make that easy.
From the office to vacation, knowing that your most important assets are safe is paramount. Having a security system with monitoring capabilities is the first line of defense. Best of all, the DIY solution we recommend will empower Dad to pull his tool kit and install it on his own in less than an hour! From there, giving him the keys to the castle with smart cameras and doors will give him a complete bird’s eye view of all activity outside the home. The final component for this dad is the safe and fire extinguishers.
Abode - DIY Security System
Why We recommend it
- A quick and easy DIY system that can be set up in under 30 minutes and easily relocated if you decide to move.
- Abode is the only home security provider to offer on-demand professional monitoring for 3-7 days just while you are traveling.
- Monitoring starts at $8.33 a month with no contracts, which is well priced compared to the competition.
- It has a great mobile app user experience and a minimal device design style.
- Professional monitoring is optional and with no term commitments
- Hub with a built-in camera, motion sensor, and siren
- 1 additional motion sensor
- 1 Mini door/window sensors
- 1 key fob
Things to be aware of
- The initial base system has a higher price than competitors, but its professional monitoring options are very affordable.
“Abode is the ideal smart security solution for anyone who wants to save some money by installing it themselves and avoid committing to a hefty subscription.”
Aug 25, 2021
Abode: Smart Camera
- This camera conveniently installs in your existing wired doorbell mount. With a built-in motion sensor, it can tell you when someone is approaching your door and can even trigger your doorbell chime. Using abode's automation engine, you can also use an integration like Alexa to call out when someone is at the front door to make your doorbell even smarter.With Smart Detect technology, your camera can intelligently detect and alert you when someone is spotted so you can take appropriate action: -False motion notifications are a thing of the past. -Receive immediate alerts when someone is detected. -Camera will capture a clip whenever it detects a person so you can review now or later. -Filter your timeline events to view only captured video clips.
Arlo: Wireless HD Video Doorbell
Why We Recommend It
- Sleek design meets function with the Arlo.
- Enhanced AI human detection to prevent dogs from triggering alerts to your mobile.
- Offers customized detection zones and 2-way voice.
- No hardwiring or hubs.
- Using in a baby's bedroom as it has a way better video quality than the average baby monitor.
- The 180-day battery life is not as good as advertised
- Requires a subscription plan for full feature functionality
- Optional angled mount for customizable camera view
“Reviewers recommend Arlo’s cameras for their stellar video quality and ease of installation, as all but the indoor camera are completely wire-free.”
Oct 13, 2021
MyMedic: First Aid Kit
Why We Recommend It
- It’s a reliable, waterproof first-aid kit that’s designed not only for accessibility, but also for easy storing, attaching, or hanging.
- It includes a comprehensive list of reliable supplies for most of life’s accidents.
- Medical items to treat burns, bleeding, fractures, and more.
- Includes high-quality first-aid and trauma supplies.
- Families with children whose play and activities often lead to an array of injuries.
Why we recommend it
- Its reliability will leave you with no concerns about threats to your valuables while you are away from home.
- People who want to protect valuables from theft, water damage, or fires.