Why You Need This
Break-ins, fires, and water leaks are three events that can ruin a peaceful presence in your home. When you’re out of town, you don’t want your home to be targeted. The perception of activity is key and that starts with having lights that can be controlled remotely or triggered by motion. A solid alarm system with flexible monitoring solutions is a foundational component for when you are away from home or out of town traveling.
Abode: iota DIY Security System
What we love
- A quick and easy DIY system that can be set up in under 30 minutes.
- The only company that offers on-demand monitoring, which allows you to turn on professional monitoring for just 3–5 days while you’re traveling.
- Monitoring starts at $8.33 a month with no contracts, which is well priced compared to the competition.
- People living in smaller homes.
- Renters that expect to move as the design enables very easy relocation.
Its DIY package was hands down the easiest of all the systems we tested. Their great mobile app, flexible monitoring options, and system designed to be relocated make it our favorite system.
- Professional monitoring is optional and with no term commitments
- Hub with a built-in camera, motion sensor, and siren
- 1 additional motion sensor
- 1 Mini door/window sensors
- 1 key fob
Things to be aware of
- The initial base system has a higher price than competitors, but its professional monitoring options are very affordable.
“Abode is the ideal smart security solution for anyone who wants to save some money by installing it themselves and avoid committing to a hefty subscription.”
Aug 25, 2021
Abode - Water Leak Sensor
Why we recommend it
- A small investment that can save significant headache. The sensor is easily installed without tools and seamlessly integrates into any Abode system.
Abode: Smart Home Power Switch
Why We recommend it
- You can turn lights on in your home while you are traveling to make it look like people are at home.
- Manually control lamps through Abode's mobile app for on-demand on/off flexibility.
- Ready to go out of the box, just plug it in and pair to your system.
- Can turn any outlet into a smart outlet.
X-Sense Smoke + CO2 Detector
Why We Recommend It
- The wireless alarm can connect to all the other alarms in your home for total coverage.
- It has a 10-year battery life means you don’t have to hear low-battery chirp sounds.
- The LCD screen shows C02 level.
- It combines fire and C02 protection into one solution.
- Homeowners and renters.
LEDPOWER: Motion Security Lights
Why We Recommend It
- An affordable motion sensor with a spotlight of up to 72 feet away.
- IP65 Waterproof can withstand storms, sleet, and snow.
- Light lifespan of up to 50,000hrs.
- Adjustable design and easy installation with no hardwiring.
- People who want to keep an eye on their driveway or backyard patio.